BUSINESS COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
The Stamford Bus and Shuttle Study provides a fresh look at transportation issues vital to the City of Stamford, the business community, residents, and commuters throughout the region. The study process includes meaningful, ongoing engagement to key stakeholders in the city through presentations, study briefing materials, one-on-one interviews, and data collection to inform the planning process. Engagement with transportation providers, commuters, and decision-makers is fundamentally important to developing successful outcomes.
Want to be involved? Contact us.
SHUTTLE PROVIDERS: WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOUDownload and complete our shuttle provider questionnaire.
- April 12, 2016 – Briefing to Stamford business leadership
- August 9, 2016 – Briefing to Stamford business leadership
- Ongoing – Shuttle Steering Committee (led by City of Stamford)
- July 22, 2015 – Conversations with shuttle riders
- July 22, 2015 – Briefing to Stamford business representatives
- August through October 2015 – Interviews with businesses and shuttle providers
- Bus and shuttle service data collection
- Field observations at the Stamford Transportation Center
- Conversations with shuttle bus passengers
- Outreach to the Stamford business community
- Interviews with area employers, property managers (residential and commercial), and other representatives
- Development of case studies
- Review of CTTransit service and performance
- Development of short and long-term shuttle operating recommendations
- Creation of Guernsey Street CTTransit bus bay at the Stamford Transportation Center
- Creation of a Shuttle Steering Committee, led by the City of Stamford, to discuss potential business/transportation partnerships
- Completion of the Private Shuttle Study Final Report
- Interested in participating? Contact us.